Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default B&Q self checkout machines

Stuart Noble wrote:

After a few minutes a nurse comes out and says to Grandad. "Now then
Mr Jones there's nothing wrong with the baby. You've called an
ambulance already this week haven't you, why did you call the
ambulance today."

Grandad replies "The baby was quiet for a long time".

Poor grandad I say. Where were the ****ing parents one wonders?

First, g parents are taking on more of the burden of looking after g
children these days and second, speaking as a g parent of 2 girls, you
won't get me to panic over a situation.
If you have children of your own, you will have had times where when
they were just home from hospital, you wake up during the night and
listen for their breathing. I know I did. If I could hear it, I went
back to sleep.
Bringing up your own children teaches you what is serious and what is
not, if you are aware of symptoms of serious problems.

The only time I have been scared, was when our eldest g daughter broke
her thigh, at the top of the bone, by falling on a bucket rim and social
services started to sniff around for child abuse. I was up and down the
country many times during that period (we live 266 miles apart.)

Perhaps it was because of that and chatting to the nurses that they
backed away. (I had a contingency plan to hijack her if they had started
to move in.)

Dave