Posted to uk.d-i-y
JimK[_2_] JimK[_2_] is offline

Default Old LaserJet 5 with paper jam

On 7 Nov, 09:46, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 00:46:15 -0800, JimK wrote:
On Nov 6, 10:10 pm, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 02:04:22 -0800, JimK wrote:
Just been to my folks and I got the symptom wrong on the faulty LJ 5p
- apparently what happens is that if you print a document, when the
first page exits, unless it is removed from the hopper, there is a
"paper jam" and printing stops. If you sit there and remove the
printed pages as they appear all is well......if infuriating....

Are you sure it's a 5P? That's a fairly hefty desktop beast, roughly 16
x 17.5 inch footprint? Can't quite see how paper in the output hopper
could jam anything. A 5L, however....

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

yes it's a 5p (ex office printer)

like this
http://www.cariaprint.ru/cnt/pic/pri...LaserJet5P.jpg

will have a play with it and make sure they have described symptoms
accurately....

cheers
JimK

Want the service manual?