Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Optimum Bench Dog Holes Placement?

Leon wrote:
wrote in message

I'm about to drill bench dog holes in a slab maple bench 30" x 72". I
intend to place my 12" Record vise adjacent to the left front corner.

I'm wondering if anyone has determined optimum placement for dog
holes ~ how many and where?

Thanks

I will be there soon, Hopefully. ;~)

I would think that you would want them perhaps slightly more closely
spaced than the distance that the vise opens.

The vise should have one or more retractable dogs. You want the dog holes
aligned with those, and spaced to something less than the total movement of
the vise.