Posted to rec.woodworking
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Li tool warning - a really long rant Part 1

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 20:46:16 -0600, "Leon"
wrote:

My cameras are like that. They have a 3 position battery status
indicator, which loosely translate to full, you need a new battery,
and you will never actually see this unless you happen to be looking
right at it in the 2 seconds it shows before the camera dies.

I have 2 digital cameras, both Fuji but one used Li the other 4 AA
rechargable NiMH they both give the same warning and they both die just as
quickly. BUT the Li holds a charge just setting for weeks much much much
much much, did I mention much, longer.

There are "low self-discharge" NiMH batteries, most commonly under the
name "eneloop" by Sanyo. They give up some capacity but they hold
their charge very well, so in typical usage they last much longer. I
use them in one of my cameras and my flash which doesn't get used
often. They are the only AA rechargables I will use now. The camera
that runs on the AAs will hang around on that middle battery status
for a good while.

-Kevin