Posted to alt.home.repair
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Dryer Vent Problem

Nate Nagel wrote:
mcp6453 wrote:
The laundry room that holds our dryer is only big enough to barely
hold the washer and dryer. The dryer is backed up to back wall with
the exhaust vent. There is literally no way to put a dryer vent
between the two. The exhaust port on the dryer is no more than four
inches from the outside wall.

Is anyone aware of a vent mechanism that we could use to vent to the
outside? Apparently the vent was jury rigged as a straight pipe. I
cannot get the pipe to securely attach to the dryer. Therefore, the
exhaust is not safely installed.

I'm not sure what to do. It surprises me that the configuration passes
inspection, unless there is a way to create a vent that I'm not aware of.

I've seen a telescoping periscope-like device that is very shallow and
has a 4" round fitting on each end

(googles)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001D1J5Q0

does this help any?

I'm thinking you could securely attach one end to the dryer, push it
back against the wall, then secure the other end

nate

That would work if I cut another hole in the wall, which I may have to
do. Thanks for the link. I'll keep looking for a
straight-through-the-hole solution, if there is one. It would be nice to
be able to pull out the dryer and be able to put it back into position.