Posted to alt.home.repair
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Dryer Vent Problem

The laundry room that holds our dryer is only big enough to barely hold
the washer and dryer. The dryer is backed up to back wall with the
exhaust vent. There is literally no way to put a dryer vent between the
two. The exhaust port on the dryer is no more than four inches from the
outside wall.

Is anyone aware of a vent mechanism that we could use to vent to the
outside? Apparently the vent was jury rigged as a straight pipe. I
cannot get the pipe to securely attach to the dryer. Therefore, the
exhaust is not safely installed.

I'm not sure what to do. It surprises me that the configuration passes
inspection, unless there is a way to create a vent that I'm not aware of.