Posted to alt.home.repair
JayB JayB is offline

Default CLEAR hardwood finishes? -- moisture cure, etc.

charlie wrote:
"JayB" wrote in message
I now have a new unfinished red oak hardwood floor installed in an
apartment that I will be renting out.

water based are more clear than oil based, and have a slightly blue
tint rather than yellow. they do use water based for floors, but you
may have to recoat more often as they may not be as hard.

ask the rest of your questions on rec.woodworking.

Thanks. I'll have to see how the water-based stuff looks, and see if it is
clear enough and doesn't darken the wood grain like the so-called "clear"
oil-based stuff does..

And, thanks for the tip about rec.woodworking. I'll post my questions
there. Hopefully that group is as good as this one in terms of people
providing answers and trying to help.