Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Restoring rubber stair treads

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 17:22:11 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 09:05:24 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

1. I never walked on a restored VCR tire, but if it were slippery, it
wouldn't pull tape. You're meant to saturate the tire, allow it to soak
in some, then wipe off all excess. It always worked well for me and
didn't leave a slick surface.

What can I say, other than that you are wrong. Re-Grip leaves the
surface wet and sticky just like honey would.

Sure. Then you wipe it off. You keep ignoring that step.

No, I am not ignoring that step.

But please,
make up your mind. Does it leave it slippery, or sticky? You seem to be
waffling on your own assertion.

I'm not waffling at all. spread a gallon of Re-Grip on a rubber floor
and walk on it. I think you will find that it is sticky, but doesn't
exactly enhance traction. The slight stickiness of partially dissolved
rubber left by RE-Grip is what temporarily makes a glazed rubber wheel
able to move mylar tape.

2. Anything that comes in a two ounce bottle originally came in a 55
gallon drum, and the price difference is not proportional by volume.
Most of the price of liquids is packaging and distribution, not
ingredients.

I assume you have a contact where I can order a 55 gallon drum of
re-grip for a price that would make it economically feasible to use
for rejuvenating some stair treads that really should be replaced?

I agree the treads should be replaced. But if I needed a 55 gallon drum
of re-grip, I could find it quite easily.

I've challenged you to prove that, not speculate.