Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default I ordered mine!

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 22:08:48 -0600, the infamous Steve Turner
scrawled the following:

Leon wrote:
"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Larry Jaques wrote:

Erm, what kind of MEGAdado blade is that wide, Morris?
It's an ordinary blade making however many passes it takes.

If you put a stacked dado in there to start with it should require far fewer
passes.

How about making the first and last cuts to establish the 7-1/2" joint
width, take out 95% of the remaining waste with a single cut on the
bandsaw (or jigsaw, depending on the board), then use a dozen or so
passes with the stacked dado to nibble away the rest?

Yeah, endcuts with the TS, then get out my Makita angle grinder with
the Lancelot head on it. We be nibblin' _then_! Arr arr arr!

--
"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of
ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."