Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Forstner bits

See what they would cost at Harbor Freight and offer him half of that.
They sound like the base quality you can find at HF. Not bad when you
need it but not good either. P.S. I shop there all the time but only
for certain items. Sorta like the Walmart of tool shops.

On Nov 5, 12:11*pm, "SBH" wrote:
A coworker who knew I liked woodworking came up to me with a set of forstner bits he found while cleaning out his tool area from his dad's stock and asked if I was interested in buying them. I said I would but don't know of a fair price to offer. They are not a name brand that we can find, plus the box and bits are labeled "made in China". It's a 16 piece set with a mix of sawtooth and solid rim bits encased in a wooden box. It appears only one or two have been used and the rest look new. Anyone have an idea what I should offer for this set?

Thanks