Posted to comp.home.automation,alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default Web Enabled Time/Temp/Humidity and I/O Controller

On Nov 3, 3:02*pm, "Bill Kearney" wrote:
The problem is WOL still requires you to have at least one computer
already powered up, then that computer can receive the WOL

No, it doesn't. *A router that can send the WOL packet can wake a PC
listening for it. *No added PC necessary. *Just that the PC you intend to
wake up needs to have WOL built into it.

Alternatively you could use a router that has a serial port and use that to
control a relay that will listen to RS232. *Bit more of a jump-through-hoops
sort of solution though.

-Bill Kearney

If my PC has no power applied to it how can it possibly "listen" to
anything. I want it completely powered off, not on standby.