Posted to alt.home.repair

Default furnace blowing all the heat up the chimney

On Nov 5, 10:37*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Both the heat air and the AC air go through the AC coil. If
the AC coil is clogged, you won't get much air flow through
the furnace.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

m...

It can be explained by a clogged AC coil, I saw that once
at a friends
house, we just removed it for the winter and he got heat
until he had
time to powerwash it. Has he or anyone even looked at his
AC coil yet,
nope I bet not.

Just for future reference, how would a clogged AC coil cause
the issue?
* I barely understand basics of HVAC )

If the air flow is low, the over-temperature sensor may cut off the
heat whether it is gas or oil-fired, causing not enough heat. It
could also be a bad sensor, or a sensor that is set too low that is
the problem.