Posted to sci.electronics.repair
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default thomson DTH-210 dvd player. Drawer/ load motor stays on

On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 04:39:13 -0800 (PST), b
wrote:

On 5 nov, 10:20, "Arfa Daily" wrote:

I'm sure that you must be missing something here.

Hi Arfa, and thanks for your thoughts.

It did seem very unusual to me that a motor would be connected to the
psu; as you say , what about the issue of control of the voltage? That
said, the psu in this unit is a huge pcb with what appears to be
several circuits so I didn't suspect it too much. The load cycle was
OK and the laser came on/disc played after its completion, with just
the constantly running/straining motor as an indication all was not
well.

Well, I just took another look at it in the cold light of day and the
answer was staring me in the face. The Phanton Twiddler had obviously
been at this player before it reached me. There was a motor connector
on the logic /processor pcb but someone had connected the motor to a
vacant identical one on the psu which was supplying a fixed 5v line.
changed 'em over and all OK....

can't believe I was so stupid not to have noticed that - I blame these
nocturnal fixing sessions!

cheers,
B.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha... Amazing what people can do if given half a chance. The
fact that the previous person didn't destroy it is amazing.