Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus11615 Ignoramus11615 is offline

Default Amway

On 2009-11-05, Spehro Pefhany wrote:
On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 10:40:12 -0600, Ignoramus11615

On 2009-11-05, Stupendous Man wrote:
My brother got sucked in to Amway about 15 years ago. He asked me to help
him get a clean 300 series mercedes like mine, so he could "project success"
to potential suckers. I told him that with me 500 miles away, he couldn't
keep a car like that running without spending a lot, and if he thought it
was possible that the people above him in the pyramid were showing fake
flash like he intended to.

Of course they were. I got to wonder, however, if a Mercedes 300 is
really a big manifestation of success. That's a $30,000 dollar car? Or
am I off with my pricing?

A lot of the ones that are trying to impress are paying something like
$500 per month lease costs. They own nothing.

Amway especially, seems to be have an ingrained culture of flashing
wealth (probably much of it not really owned, as you mention).