Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Amway

Ignoramus11615 wrote:

On 2009-11-05, Stupendous Man wrote:
My brother got sucked in to Amway about 15 years ago. He asked me to help
him get a clean 300 series mercedes like mine, so he could "project success"
to potential suckers. I told him that with me 500 miles away, he couldn't
keep a car like that running without spending a lot, and if he thought it
was possible that the people above him in the pyramid were showing fake
flash like he intended to.

Of course they were. I got to wonder, however, if a Mercedes 300 is
really a big manifestation of success. That's a $30,000 dollar car? Or
am I off with my pricing?

I don't know what they go for since Mercedes doesn't make anything that
interests me. I think all of the so called luxury brands make a few low
$ models for wannabes.

My pickup truck, which is not a prestige item, cost $33,000 or so, if
I remember right.

If that $30k figure is correct, there are a lot of vehicles that cost a
whole lot more that aren't in the "look at me" class(less).

I put amway and amsoil sellers in the same class as lawyers and realtors. No
time for them and their crooked "money for nothing" schemes. My brother saw
the light after a few months, he always was a bit gullible.

I did not know that amsoil was a MLM scheme. I bought some oil from
them and oil filters.

Amsoil frequently referred to as Scamsoil is indeed another MLM scheme.
Their "independent distributors" are frequent spammers of automotive
newsgroups and forums. Their oils used to not even have API
certification so they would void your vehicles warranty right off the
bat. I think they finally got certification on some of their oil now, if
you can actually trust it, however they make absurd claims for oil
change intervals so if you follow them once again your warranty is void
when it's found that you have 30,000 miles on the oil and the vehicles
specified oil change interval is 5,000 miles.