Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Camillus knife

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 08:44:12 -0700, the infamous "SteveB"
scrawled the following:

Picked up an interesting knife yesterday for a buck. All metal. Has
Camillus 1960 on the base of the big blade. US on one side, with a stamped
metal pattern. Screwdriver, blade, leather awl, bottle opener and can
opener. Lanyard loop.

Something about it appealed to me. It's in great shape, and ones from that
year are selling on ebay for about $20. I put it in my trophy case next to
some other military knives. It would make a great pocket knife, but I think
I'll keep it in the case. Guess they were used a lot in Nam. Anyone have
experiences with these?

ebay "camillus folding military knife"

I've seen and played with them, and I think whittled with one, but I
never owned one. A buck is a good price.

My hiking knife is this: http://fwd4.me/2tq I think I gave $9, dlvd.
I keep it in case I get stranded on a yacht sometime.

--
"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of
ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."