Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q self checkout machines

In article o.uk,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
As regards outpatient treatment, *most* could make use of public
transport or if they are too infirm for this facilities provided by
the hospital.

Public Transport whats that? Half a dozen buses to several different
destinations M-F. The chances of the bus timetable fitting with an
hospital appointment are so close to zero that they may as well be
zero.

So what happens if you don't own a car - or are unfit to drive? If you're
relying on someone else to drive you then do they have to have free
parking on the premises?

You'd have to change bus at least once if not twice depending
on which hospital you where heading for. I'm not even sure that one
could get to Newcastle by PT without going to Brampton/Haltwhistle or
Carlisle.

Then you could drive to somewhere with easy parking that's on a reasonable
PT link - if you really don't want to pay the parking fees. Unless you
think you should have a waiver from them because of where you live. That
would go down well with some. ;-)

In case anyone things I'm being 'NIMBY' about this I've been attending
physio at a local clinic for the last few weeks. And go by bus.

But you live in the metropolis of London with probably the best PT
system in the country. For the vast majority of the country PT barely
exists.

Most drivers can't be bothered with it even if it were perfect. But
seemingly can't understand it's impossible to provide roads and parking
for them in our towns without demolishing them and starting again.

--
*'Progress' and 'Change' are not synonyms.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.