Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q self checkout machines

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 09:34:14 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Yes - and plenty other examples. If a real medical emergency you'd be
better of calling an ambulance since you'll likely get faster attention
that way than going to a hospital.

I doubt it, outside M-F 9-5 it would be the best part of an hour for
an ambulance to attend here. That's working day restriction is
assuming that the the volunteer ambulance is still in the town
otherwise it's an hour at any time of day or night.

I'd call the local cottage hospital which has a 24/7 minor injuries
unit and they *might* call one of the local GP's in a dire emergency
but the GP's don't do "out of hours" cover and delegate that to
CueDoc. So *if* there was a CueDoc Dr available they'd still take the
hour or so to get here.

As regards outpatient treatment, *most* could make use of public
transport or if they are too infirm for this facilities provided by the
hospital.

Public Transport whats that? Half a dozen buses to several different
destinations M-F. The chances of the bus timetable fitting with an
hospital appointment are so close to zero that they may as well be
zero. You'd have to change bus at least once if not twice depending
on which hospital you where heading for. I'm not even sure that one
could get to Newcastle by PT without going to Brampton/Haltwhistle or
Carlisle.

In case anyone things I'm being 'NIMBY' about this I've been attending
physio at a local clinic for the last few weeks. And go by bus.

But you live in the metropolis of London with probably the best PT
system in the country. For the vast majority of the country PT barely
exists.

--
Cheers
Dave.