Andy Dingley

Default Radio controlled clock question

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 01:15:58 +0100, geoff wrote:

Well , I have one which I got in Germany years ago, which uses the
Frankfurt time signal, which must be at least 500 miles away.

So do I - a Phillips. It has the best alarm time setting interface
I've ever used (a speed sensitive wheel) and has only one problem -
it's resolutely accurate to the squillisecond, only an hour ahead.
There's no way to move it off the German time zone !

It works
fine and I have no problem with the signal - you must be in some sort of
faraday cage

It would be an incredible Faraday cage to stop 60kHz (my house is
infamously proof against GHz radio, but nothing is proof against this
sort of LW), but it is sensitive to all manner of interference from
electrical gear. Try leaving it on the top floor of the house, until
it synchronises.