Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "GREAT STUFF"

Rochester, NY is neither warm, nor dry. And they salt the
roads to excess.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"aemeijers" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
I have used the foam to fill in voids, in vehicle sheet
metal. Helps keep moisture out, and rocker panels and such
last a lot longer.

(snip)

Maybe in warm and/or dry areas. I tried that up here in salt
country
once, and it rotted the whole area out, while the
rocker/C-pillar on the
other side stayed fine by comparision. I ended up popping
the bondo
plugs out, and digging the foam out as best I could with a
coat hanger,
and mudding the whole thing with the fiber-reinforced bondo
stuff over
the traditional filler of wadded up window screen. Best I
can figure,
since the space wasn't totally filled or sealed, it held
water against
the backside of the bare steel in the dead space. It seemed
like a good
idea at the time, but it bit me in the butt. Perhaps if it
was done on
bone-dry virgin metal where rust didn't already have a
foothold, it
would work better.

--
aem sends...