Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default furnace blowing all the heat up the chimney

wrote in message
I'm tired of people telling me that there's nothing wrong with my
furnace. There is something wrong with my furnace.

It's a 10-year-old Amana 45,000 BTU, 80% efficient unit in a 1300
square foot ranch style house. This is my 4th winter in this house,
and I'm sick of being limited to one habitable room all winter.

The pros say there's nothing wrong.

The furnace may be working 100% correct but is way too small for the job you
are asking it to do.

I live in a much milder climate, Kentucky, have 2 -- 75,000 input rated
units at 80%, one on each level, 1300 square foot per level. All ductwork
is fully insulated. They work fine and can recover from the night time set
back of 10 degrees until the temp gets down in the teens and then I can not
set back more than 5 degrees. 1995 construction, walls R-13, about 8" of
attic insulation, brick construction with a full, unfinished, unheated
basement.

If your AC works fine and you have good air flow at the registers then a
blocked A coil is not you problem. You could have a limit control problem
that a hasty tech did not stick around long enough to discover.

--
Colbyt