Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Phone Line trouble after removing security system

drew wrote:
On Nov 4, 1:19 pm, "DGDevin" wrote:
drew wrote:
The house that I bought had an old CPI security system that hadn't
been used in years and I did not see the need for a system so the
other day I was looking at the huge panel in my coat closet and
realized that I had both power and a phone line in a nice handy box.
So I disconnect the security panel and pitch it.

Was there a security company sign for the front of the house? If so
I hope you kept it, those signs are excellent burglar repellents.

I have a dog whose single goal in life is to alert me or my wife
whenever someone gets within 20' of my house. A sign is irrelevant
because my dog will know the burglar is there before the would be
thief could even see a sign.

I don't know how he does it because he can be asleep on the couch in
the back of the house with the TV on and will instantly know when
someone has stepped foot on my driveway. My only conclusion is he can
smell them or he is psychic.

Dogs, like burglar alarms and telephones, can be disabled.

Best have a few guns stashed around as a last ditch defense. A "safe room
(closet)" wouldn't be a bad idea either.