Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default PV charge controller

On 11/4/2009 2:09 PM D Yuniskis spake thus:

I've rescued several small PV panels along with a pair
of gel-cels from an electric wheelchair that still have
useful life. I'd like to put together a charge controller
to run the irrigation pump "for free".

Any pointers to suitable designs? The PVs are small
so Isc is on the order of 100-200mA (though I may
double that)

I found this one at Harbor Freight:
A little big for your stated purpose (7 amps).

I thought I had seen smaller ones there, but didn't find them. Perhaps a
more careful search might turn them up. They do sell some very small
solar battery charging kits, including panels, for cheap, so they
probably have smaller controllers.

--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

- harvested from Usenet