Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default Sony CD Walkman problem

wrote in message

I know the easiest way to fix this is to just go out and buy another
CD/AM-FM player but I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people
out here and maybe there is a easy fix.

The AM/FM portion works fine but the CD player doesn't seem to
recognize that a CD is loaded. Upon start up with a disc inserted
the laser seems to search three times and then the player gives a
no disc error. If I start the CD player with no disc inserted it does
exactly the same. The laser searches three time and then the no
disc error.

Any ideas?

Sony CD Walkman model D-FJ61

1. Clean the lens.

2. If this doesn't fix the problem, give up trying.

3. Really.

Gareth.