geoff

Default Radio controlled clock question

In message , Mark
writes

I did wonder if perhaps I'm in an area where the signal's not getting
through but I did try it during the 5 mile trip home in the car and
still no update! Can't see that I'm doing anything wrong, Just press
the receiving button to start a forced update. The instructions say the
RCC symbol will flash for a maximum of 8 minutes and if signal is
successful it will update the clock and the RCC symbol will become
stationary - otherwise the RCC symbol will be off (which mine is after
the maximum 8 minutes of trying). I will have a read up on the Rugby
transmitter.

Well , I have one which I got in Germany years ago, which uses the
Frankfurt time signal, which must be at least 500 miles away. It works
fine and I have no problem with the signal - you must be in some sort of
faraday cage
--
geoff