Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_8_] Bruce[_8_] is offline

Default B&Q self checkout machines

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 22:08:50 +0000, Rod
wrote:

Bruce wrote:
On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 19:39:30 +0000, Rod
wrote:

Perhaps the kids *are* noisy but the noise just evaporates into all
that space?

[1] OK - paid up grumpy git but I do have near permanent tinnitus and
find myself extra sensitive to noise.

Same here. My hearing is very acute, too, which means I pick up
*every* sound.

But I don't remember the Travolator in High Wycombe town centre Tesco
making any announcements. Nor another one anywhere that is quite as bad.

I visit quite a few supermarkets for work and several Sainsbury's
stores have the same noisy Travolators. Several Tesco stores also
have them; some are equally noisy (e.g. Kingston in Milton Keynes) but
others aren't (one just outside Northampton, plus Wycombe).

The announcements are either an HSE requirement or something demanded
by the DDA.