Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Hardware flakiness (Windoze BSOD)

On 11/4/2009 5:38 AM PeterD spake thus:

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 06:59:18 -0800, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

I used to run SCSI under W2K, using an Adaptec card, on an ASUS P4T
board. Never had any problems.

If you want to buy the cable I had made for my scanner (it's a long
custom model made by a Redmond cable company), let me know.

Yep, any true SCSI fan has a big box of cables and adapters for every
possible combination! Someday I'll toss 'em...

I was hoping to be able to find one at my favorite recycled-goods store
(Urban Ore in Berkeley), which has a *ton* of all kinds of cables, kind
of a snake pit all tossed together. I sorted through it and *almost*
found what I needed (50-pin high-density to 25-pin D), but no go. I was
surprised, as there are so many oddball cables in there.

I'm not sweating it. I just unplug the damn scanner when I'm not using
it. That's the $0 solution here.

--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

- harvested from Usenet