Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Amway

Rich Grise wrote:

On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 17:03:54 -0600, Ignoramus23290 wrote:

I have a friend from school days who joined Amway. He called me recently
and told me some gibberish about how I can live a life full of expensive
things without working if I join Amway.

This is not the first time I have heard about that company and I have
always been of the opinion that either complete suckers, or complete
scumbags, or often both, join Amway. I am obviously not considering
joining that sort of an enterprise, but I wonder if anyone had friends or
family get involved, and what happened.

I knew a guy who sold Amway stuff out of the trunk of his car, so to speak.

I have no idea how he did money-wise, but nobody's gonna do that stuff at
a loss.

It's a cult, and like all cults, it brainwashes people into doing things
to their detriment in hopes of some future (and never attainable) great
reward.