Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Amway

"Ignoramus23290" wrote in message
I have a friend from school days who joined Amway. He called me
recently and told me some gibberish about how I can live a life full
of expensive things without working if I join Amway.

This is not the first time I have heard about that company and I have
always been of the opinion that either complete suckers, or complete
scumbags, or often both, join Amway. I am obviously not considering
joining that sort of an enterprise, but I wonder if anyone had friends
or family get involved, and what happened.

I have had several friends that tried to get me to sign up, a few for Amway
and a few for some other outfit that worked on a similar basis.

What I do is to say "Gee that sounds wonderful, but I am a bit skeptical, so
here is what I am going to do. I am going to sign up after you can show me
it works by showing me your tax return next year and when I see that you are
paying taxes on $75k in profits from the Amway thing then I will be
convinced that you might have something. heck because we are friends I
might even buy some soap from you if you have something special."

For some reason no body that was hyped up on this has ever taken me up on
the deal.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.