Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default Amway

"Ignoramus23290" wrote in message
I have a friend from school days who joined Amway. He called me
recently and told me some gibberish about how I can live a life full
of expensive things without working if I join Amway.

This is not the first time I have heard about that company and I have
always been of the opinion that either complete suckers, or complete
scumbags, or often both, join Amway. I am obviously not considering
joining that sort of an enterprise, but I wonder if anyone had friends
or family get involved, and what happened.

My mom was involved in Amway for a while. I will ask her. From a product
side it was just another private labeler. Since she owned a country store I
never saw the wisdom of her being involved in Amway. Everything she sold
with an Amway label she sold with a trade label in the store. Like being in
competition with yourself. It was like being in competition with yourself,
and the agreement prohibited her from putting any of the product on the
shelves in the store.

I never asked her about the down line side of it, but the guy who came to
sign her up was a sleazy snake oil salesman, and the down line was all he
cared about. I would have thrown him off the property physically had I the
choice.