Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default B&Q self checkout machines

Mark wrote:

And then there's the car parks you visit for the first time and you
are still expected to have the right change, even before you know how
much it costs.

And the pay and dismay car parks where it costs a different amount
depending on where you park. Once I got a ticket because I parked on
the wrong side of an invisible line.

And just occasionally car parks like the new Sainsbury 'flagship' High
Wycombe store. Fully equipped with car detectors so you get directed to
empty bays. A smart card system - get card on entry and either present
at the till for free parking or pay on foot.

But the real benefit is that a few days after opening (what? a couple of
months ago) the barrier/payment system broke down and so far hasn't
worked since. Free parking without any hassle! Hooray.

(Bound to be fixed by next time I go.)

--
Rod