Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default B&Q self checkout machines

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 11:22:44 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Mark wrote:
Hospitals are the worst. What moron thought that pay and dismay is
suitable for a Hospital car park? As an outpatient how the **** you do
know how long you are going to be kept waiting?

Last time I visited my local hospital I had to take my son to casualty
for a suspected broken toe. I did not have enough money so had to
leave him on his own to have a long conversation with the bloody car
park attendant to avoid fines/clamping/towing away. It's a disgrace
IMHO.

Think you need to look beyond the obvious. Think how many work at or visit
a hospital each day. To provide free unlimited parking would be impossible
at most. And it would likely be difficult to provide free parking for
'emergencies' as that could be a minor cut to some and a heart attack to
others.
Of course it might be more easy if you built new hospitals on out of town
sites - like shopping malls - but what is more important, them being close
to those needing them or free parking?

Of course I've looked "beyond the obvious" as you so rudely put it.
Nowhere was I proposing providing "unlimited free parking". A bit of
common sense should prevail. Providing free parking for emergencies
would be sensible and there are many ways to achieve this.
--
(\__/) M.
[Reply-to address valid until it is spammed.]