Posted to alt.home.repair
Ned Foley Ned Foley is offline

Default Need Help with Sears 12" Lower Blade Guard retaining springrepair

On 3 Nov, 15:41, dpb wrote:
NedFoleywrote:
All;

I mistakenly took apart the lower blade guard on my Sears 12" Compound
Miter Saw *Model 315.212050, and the retaining spring popped out. *I
can't seem to get it coiled up behind the guard again and get it back
together. *Is there a secret method? *I am in the middle of a big
project and can't let saw go to Sears repair in Penn. *Local Rochester
tool repair places do not work on Sears gear. *ANy suggestions?

If it's that nuisance lower guard is all, I'd simply take if off
entirely for the time being then(+). *All it protects at best is a
sideways insertion that happens to hit where it is; if you have your
finger in the cutting zone it'll be happy to move out of the way for it
just as for the work...

(+) Make another at least half-hearted attempt, anyway so you can say
you did try...

--

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to remove the screw to the metal
armature that connects to the lower guard and the screw won't budge.