Posted to sci.electronics.repair
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default Laser printer gloat

On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 16:56:06 -0800, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

This inspired by the mini-thread in the thread up yonder about HP
DeskJet printers. Actually something of a reverse gloat, along the lines
of "my old printer still works; does yours?".

Got my HP LaserJet 2100M (600 DPI w/PostScript capability) ca. 2000. Not
only is the printer still working perfectly, but I'm still using the
same cartridge I got with it!

My *OLD* apple laserjet II is on it's bizillionth cartridge and still
printing. We do bulk printing of both card stock for bin lables, and
product instruction sheets (quality is really not the most important
factor for these...) We tell it to print a 100 sheet group (limited by
that tiny tray!) and set it going. Later someone grabs the sheets,
reloads the tray and off it goes again.

We are (sadly, or gladly, not sure) migrating to high speed Xerox
printers. Easily ten times faster than that Apple, and 500 sheet trays
too.

Then the LWII retires to just bin label cards, something that is done
about two times a month.