Posted to alt.home.repair
Marilyn & Bob[_2_] Marilyn & Bob[_2_] is offline

Default Drain pipe lining

"Mark" wrote in message

"Robert Green" wrote in message
Just got a notice from the county that they will be "lining" old drain
pipes
in the street rather than digging them up and replacing them.

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons? I assume this is a "cheapskate"
method since the local water authority blew all its money on a brand new
steel & glass hi-rise that was determined to be "excessive" only *after*
it
was built.

Anyway, I am worried that ramming a liner all the way up to my where my
home's drain line begins is likely to push a huge wad of sludge into my
drain pipe and leading to my toilets backing up. Of course, they don't
offer to do the last 20 yards into my home "while they are there" even if
am willing to pay them the same price per foot that they are charging the
county. Any input welcome.

Thanks in advance,

--
Bobby G.