Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Laser printer gloat

On 11/3/2009 10:25 PM Jeff Liebermann spake thus:

However, I do agree that HP could do a better job with their feed
mechanisms. The fix is rather simple. The typical Laserjet has the
absolute minimum amount of rubber in contact with the paper. Large
copiers have similar mechanism, but with much larger rollers on both
sides of the paper to maximize grip. They also have much thicker and
softer rubber feed rollers to maximize friction. If you want a really
reliable paper feed, it will look like a straight line offset press.

Yeah; if only we could have desktop printers with feeders as reliable as
the one on the Heidelberg Speedmaster I used to "own" ... now *that's* a
feeder!

--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

- harvested from Usenet