Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Warren Block Warren Block is offline

Default Laser printer gloat

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 11/3/2009 5:46 PM Warren Block spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

One thing I really don't like about this, and really most HP printers
that I've used, is that it hates to print on the back of printed sheets.
Usually it eats/shreds about half the sheets one tries to print this
way.

Check that there's still some tread on the rollers, and maybe the
separation pad.

Nope. Not the problem. It's inherent in the lousy HP feeder design.

Hmm. The LJ2100 feeder is kind of poor, like a lot of the earlier and
lower-end LaserJets. The 4050 and up have the best I've seen. I've got
some LJ2100s and will give this a try.

I've never seen a LaserJet that would print on the back side of
just-printed sheets even when brand new.

Have you tried a 4050 or newer?