Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default Laser printer gloat

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
This inspired by the mini-thread in the thread up yonder about HP DeskJet
printers. Actually something of a reverse gloat, along the lines of "my
old printer still works; does yours?".

**I was just saying to my partner last week, that what I hated most about my
HP Laserjet 5MP (ca. 1994) was that the damned thing refuses to stop
working. I've fed it with more than a dozen cartridges (around 60,000 pages)
and it simply works and works perfectly. Print resolution is flawless, paper
jams almst unheard of (one every thousand pages or so). I've even been using
re-filled cartridges (despite HP's dire warnings), which cost around
AUS$60.00 apiece and it just won't stop. As of 2009, it can only be regarded
as a slug (6 pages/min), but it does the job. Damn it! I really wanted an
excuse to buy one of those all bells & whistles, HP colour laser printers.

FWIW: In the time I've owned the HP, I've thrown out four ink jet printers,
of various brands. They are, on the whole, utter crap. My HP will probably
still be working well into the next millenium.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au