Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default OT - Dodge Acronym

aemeijers wrote:

Does anyone make a small pickup any more? Like the rangers or toyotas
from 10-15 years ago? All the stuff on the lots now looks huge, not to
mention looking like a Tonka toy. Big meaningless chrome phallic noses,
pointless huge tires, etc. Does anyone make a truck that looks like a
truck anymore? I'm a form follows function sort of person- I don't need
rolling bling.

I hear that. It seems that even the full size trucks get bigger and
bigger. I've got a 93 F-150 and I feel like the bed sides are really
tall - taller than my dad's '73 Chevy and WAY taller than some old
Studebakers I've worked on. But parked next to a NEW F-150 mine appears
comparatively easy to load.

Why is it that both the bed floor and the top of the bed sides seems to
creep up every revision of a truck chassis? Wouldn't a LOW bed floor be
a selling feature? Some of these new trucks ought to come with a
folding stepstool shoved behind the seat.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel