Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default OT - Dodge Acronym

Jules wrote:
On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 22:44:24 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Old story. If you can't dodge, ram it.

My neighbor's truck has a big sign on it that says RAM.

I never quite worked out why you'd name a truck after a sheep, anyway.

The name is to appeal to people that use them as cars, not trucks.
Makes them feel bigger. The Ram name harkens to what they would do with
what they are compensating for the lack of.

I'd love to own a pickup, even a light duty one. Half a dozen times a
year, it would come in real handy. But no extra parking spots, and
little extra cash, make a third vehicle an impractical indulgence for
me. And I certainly don't want to feed a full-size one for a daily
driver, or deal with a monster like that in city commuting traffic. (Not
to mention a full-size would not fit in my short 2-car garage- I even
had to get a short wheelbase minivan.)

Does anyone make a small pickup any more? Like the rangers or toyotas
from 10-15 years ago? All the stuff on the lots now looks huge, not to
mention looking like a Tonka toy. Big meaningless chrome phallic noses,
pointless huge tires, etc. Does anyone make a truck that looks like a
truck anymore? I'm a form follows function sort of person- I don't need
rolling bling.

--
aem sends...