Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Laser printer gloat

This inspired by the mini-thread in the thread up yonder about HP
DeskJet printers. Actually something of a reverse gloat, along the lines
of "my old printer still works; does yours?".

Got my HP LaserJet 2100M (600 DPI w/PostScript capability) ca. 2000. Not
only is the printer still working perfectly, but I'm still using the
same cartridge I got with it!

Which is a little puzzling; while the printer hasn't exactly been used
in a production environment, I have put plenty of pages through it:
printed out many entire manuals, etc. I'm just waiting for the cartridge
to empty out, but it still hasn't come close. (I even have a 2nd
cartridge I got with the printer, still in its foil package.)

One thing I really don't like about this, and really most HP printers
that I've used, is that it hates to print on the back of printed sheets.
Usually it eats/shreds about half the sheets one tries to print this
way. Yeah, I know, you can get HPs with "duplex" options, but to me,
that's utter bull****. I remember the old Panasonic laser printer my old
office had. It was a huge beast, and certainly no better than the HP we
also had at the time (LJ 4???), but the Panasonic would feed *any* paper
you put into it, even if it had just been run through the printer on one
side. I'd always use it to print out my manuals on 2 sides for proofing.

Other than this, the LaserJet is a fine piece of equipment.

--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

- harvested from Usenet