Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] captainvideo462002@yahoo.com is offline

Default RCA model F36688, CH. CTC197CN5, wierd symptoms

This set came on, autoprogrammed normally and ran for a half hour and
apparently shut off while I had left the room. I turned it back on
when i returned and it ran for a few minutes and then all of a sudden
started changing channels by itself. After about 30 seconds or so it
just began continually scrolling through the channels. I was able to
turn it off when it started doing this. The customer said that it will
also turn itself on by itself as well however I haven't yet noticed
this. I did a search but couldn't find anything on this symptom. Does
anyone have any ideas on this one?. Thanks, Lenny