Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default Amway

Ignoramus23290 wrote:
I have a friend from school days who joined Amway. He called me
recently and told me some gibberish about how I can live a life full
of expensive things without working if I join Amway.

This is not the first time I have heard about that company and I have
always been of the opinion that either complete suckers, or complete
scumbags, or often both, join Amway. I am obviously not considering
joining that sort of an enterprise, but I wonder if anyone had friends
or family get involved, and what happened.

I had a mate ask me along to an "opportunity" and it turned out to be
Amway, surprisingly I knew the guy doing the sales pitch as well. It
struck me at the time as being a standard pyramid selling scheme and I
wouldn't touch it but I also valued friends and family too much and am
not inclined to be a salesman anyway. I did buy a small sample of stuff
and it did work well but was expensive. I can see how if you get in at
the beginning, at the top, you might make considerable money, but after
its run for awhile you'd just **** your friends off selling them stuff
and getting them to sell to others and so on.

I understood that pyramid schemes were illegal, so not sure how Amway
differs, not involved anyway.