Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default B&Q self checkout machines

Andy Burns wrote:

Wouldn't be so bad if they gave you extra time pro-rata for the change
they'd withheld, e.g council ones here used to be 60p/hour but if you
put in a quid, no change and you still only got an hour - no wonder
people quite happily give their "non-transferable" ticket to someone
else on the way out.

I had the misfortune to stop in Fareham, Hants this week. I needed to
collect a package that a relative ordered on t'internet from a shop on
the High Street. The shop was very wary of sending out mail while the
strikes are threatened, so I offered to drop in and pick up the package
as I drive past Fareham from time to time.

It turns out driving past is the right thing to do. It's a minimum of
90p to park, robbing machine that doesn't give change and constantly
circling traffic wardens.