Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default slightly OT vacuum repair success

On Nov 3, 12:36*pm, Smitty Two wrote:

May seem like a small thing but one senses the pride of an
achievement. And that's what do it your self is all about.
Well done. As long as a repair is safe; and in addition to saving the
cost of a new vacuum, not helping fill up the landfill with the
existing one and having the satisfaction of returning something to
service.

Our vacuum is well over 40 years old and we even have a spare motor
which we will probably never use!

But also importantly demonstrating that make-do and ability to cope
attitude often missing in our high expectation throw-away society.

Keep at it and you will live more cheaply, will have greater
confidence and ability to cope with life etc.