Posted to alt.home.repair
propman[_6_] propman[_6_] is offline

Default heater guy says replace furnace/AC

JRStern wrote:
On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 22:00:23 -0800, "Walter R." wrote:

Inland San Diego, which is probably similar to your location in LA.

Yes.

We had our 25 year old hot-air gas furnaces and airconditioners (3 ton each)
replaced 2 years ago. Installed price was 8,000. Bids ranged from 16,000 to
7,000. You need to do a lot more homework. Also, make sure to take out a
permit. As part of the replacement you are required by law to have a
verification of your duct system. This cost another $ 500. If you don't do
it, it will bite you when you sell the house.

FWIW, a recent article I just ran across in one of my RSS feeds.....

http://www.freemoneyfinance.com/2009...nditioner.html