Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Score one for top loading washers

DerbyDad03 wrote:

You do know that you can fill a front loader all the way to the top of
the drum right?

Yes I know. On my old washer I adjusted the load size sensor so it
filled as high as it could without overflowing (it takes one overflow to
learn the limit). All three load sizes then used more water but I very
seldom did small loads. On my current washer that adjustment doesn't
work as well, so if doing a load larger then it is supposed to handle,
I'll hold the "load size" knob between medium and super and let it fill
as high as it can without overflowing. Again, it takes on overflow to
know it's limit. Has always worked great for me.