Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Hardware flakiness (Windoze BSOD)

On 11/3/2009 6:02 AM Meat Plow spake thus:

What's the hex number reported on the blue screen. And terminate the
chain. Lots of bsods are driver oriented IRQ_DOES_NOT_EQUAL stuff
accompanied by a hex cod and the culprit modules.

Dunno the hex code (maybe I'll write it down next time it happens), but
you nailed the error message. Actually, I think the last time it was
something like IRQ_LESS_OR EQUAL, but in any case an IRQ level error.

To answer some replies upstream, I don't give enough of a **** about
this to invest anything in a good cable, but thanks for offering. I went
for the zero-cost solution, and like I said, it works most of the time.
Last night I scanned more than a dozen photos w/no problems.

--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

- harvested from Usenet