Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default Score one for top loading washers

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 18:19:36 -0500, salty wrote:
My vote is for the Fisher & Paykel top loader.

[snippage]

Thanks for that - I'll definitely keep that in mind (I remember Fisher &
Paykel being big in NZ and highly rated, too).

I'm not really sold on any particular technology (we're on a private well
so it doesn't really matter so much how much the machine uses and spits
out again) but I think it'll be a few years before our existing top-loader
becomes uneconomical to maintain....

It has all the
advantages of the front loader without the price.

I think the F-L prices will come down once people realise that they're
being screwed.

the dryer doesn't have to run nearly as long to dry them.

It's not a combined washer/drier* is it? I must say I don't like those
much - I've known a few folk who've had them and they seem much more prone
to failure than individual units.

* although I don't remember ever seeing a top-loading drier, so presumably
not.

cheers

Jules