Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drum, flow-through or mist humidifier?

When I worked for Sears, my trainer told me that the
rotating drum types are a breeding ground for bacteria.
Warm, wet, and stagnant pond of water. I can see that.

The Aprilaire flow through types I like them. They do waste
a bit of water, but that's life. Use hot water from near the
top of the water tank, cause you get a lot better
evaporation.

Mist types, I have no experience with them.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"engwar" wrote in message
We're going to have a whole-house humidifier installed. We
don't want
to go through another winter with cracked skin and static
electricity.
We have a 1970's-era two story house of perhaps 2000 square
feet plus
a basement.

We were given a Honeywell Enviracaire elite HE225
flow-through
humidifier by family members who used to have installed on
their
furnace. They used it rarely and said they had trouble
adjusting it
to a good setting. Not sure if it was user error or just a
mediocre
model.

We have a drain as well as electric close to our furnace so
we can
install just about any model.

Anyone have any experience with the different types?